Last week I was reading about an upcoming event that I wanted to attend in Washington DC last year but couldn’t take the time off/have the enough $ to go while missing work. It was the first annual World Wide Endo March. I wanted to drive, and that would have made me gone from work too long. I was seriously bummed I couldn’t figure out a way to go, as my aunt lives in a DC suburb so I could have had a place to stay. Either way, I want to get the facts for this year, as I learned about it last minute last year. This year’s March US locations are in Washington D.C. and Palo Alto, CA. It is on March 28th, 2015.
I want to know:
1. Did you attend last year?
2. What was your experience like?
3. Would you go again?
4.How could your group or team have been more organized/prepared?
5. Was your project manager effective/resourceful?
6. How could she/he have been more effective/resourceful?
7. Did you have a team in your area?
8. How far/close was your nearest team?
9. How many marched from your state, and what state were you from?
10. What was your mission in participating/marching?
11. Did you raise funds?
12. If so, what methods of fundraising did you use?
13. If you would march again, how could the experience be improved for you/others?
14. Do you do anything in your area to promote awareness of endo?
Sorry for lots of questions. There is minimal anything on endometriosis in my area. I am an hour away from a renowned university hospital that has a wonderful team of endometriosis/infertility specialists, and I want to try and get a support system/awareness going. Why should we all suffer alone?